Towards the end of last year I decided I wanted to change the blog up a little and not only feature beauty and fashion, but also more of myself and my life. I started on the 1st of Jan and the response has been amazing! Coming into my 25th year of life I thought I would share 25 facts about myself so that you can get to know me a bit better.
I have loved writing more personal articles, but I would also like you guys to know who I am so I thought I would pop up 25 facts. You may notice the first five are things you know already as they were five facts I was nominated to share on Instagram. That kind of inspired me to share more and here we are now.
- I have a massive family! I have 44 relatives including my aunts, uncles, grandparents and first cousins (if I were to count second cousins, great aunts, etc it would be MASSIVE) who live on four different continents
- I was in a car accident six years ago and was severely injured. I was on the side of the most impact and have still not healed correctly even after countless surgeries
- I am originally from South Africa and I moved to Perth when I was 16 (halfway through year 11 – thanks Mum and Dad)
- I am always studying! I have basically been at uni since I left school, however I have never used any of the four degrees I have studied.
- My cousin (who was seven at the time) named the blog. It was during my Honours year at uni and I told him I wanted to start a blog one day when picking him up from school. He said to write about things I like and then followed with – “you like clothes and champagne so call it that” and so Peplum and Prosecco was born
- I am very close to my family and absolutely adore them (especially my niece – she’s my favourite)
- Pizza is my favourite food, but I can’t eat the tomato paste so I just have the base, cheese and bacon – its amazing
- I cannot STAND avocado or bananas the texture makes me want to be sick #sorrynotsorry
- I don’t like being told I can’t do something so chances are if someone has ever told me I can’t do it, I’ve gone out and proved them wrong
- I quit my job when I got really ill last year and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made
- I have more PJs than actual clothes – not even kidding
- I have this weird thing about making my own doctor, dentist or any kind of appointments so my darling Mum still does it for me (she is the bomb)
- I have an absolute fear of needles. A doctor once told me I did not have a fear and it was all in my head so I took myself along to see a psychiatrist who confirmed I had a phobia. I then took the letter back to the doctor and shoved it in his face (not literally)
- Speaking of phobias – I am also Mottephobic meaning I have a fear of moths. I literally hate these things and if I see one I run a mile
- I don’t drink coffee
- I have a bunch of pets including a puppy called Millie, two rabbits names Flopsy and Thumper (who live inside and think they’re cats), a fish tank fill of fish as well as a fighter fish called Frank who has lived next to my bed for 7 years
- Going for Brunch is my favourite thing followed by beach walks and naps
- I bought my first car (all cash *self high five*) when I graduated the first time. Her name is Evie and she is adorable
- I LOVE flowers! King Proteas are my favourite and always remind me of home
- I drink A LOT of water. I have no idea why, but I am always thirsty and drink about 4 litres a day
- I always feel better when I have a fake (or real) tan. I’m not sure why I just love it and the way I look when tanned
- I LOVE food (in case you haven’t figured) and I get super grumpy when hungry
- I have exceptionally bad time management skills despite trying everything to be better at managing my time effectively
- I love exploring new places whether it be around the city, in the country, interstate or overseas
- I started this blog three years ago as a creative outlet and did not tell anyone (apart from my family) until a year later as I wasn’t sure it would go anywhere. You guys really have blown me away over the past three years and I cannot wait to see what the next three hold
I hope you learnt a bit more about me! I cannot wait to share more with you this year.
*Going with Angie instead of P&P from now on as its more personal x